NourNews – As the United States considers itself one of the founders of human rights in the modern age and the freest country in the world, it seeks to measure other nations by its own standards. However, according to many human rights reports about the United States, this country has one of the most tragic conditions in this regard.
The United States of America, based on its dual standards of social values and human rights, annually prepares and publishes a report criticizing the human rights situation in various parts of the world hidding the deplorable human rights situation in its own community has put pressure on other countries.
However, the human rights situation in the United States is much worse than any other parts of the world, and even the politicians themselves have acknowledged the dishonesty and abuse of human rights in relation to others, as “Mike Pompeo” in one of his speeches on April 15, 2019, he said “We lied, we cheated, we stole, and… these are part of the American experience we have gained”.
This confession actually reflects the US attitude towards issues such as human rights. They have double standards on many issues in this area and deal with the world accordingly.
As the United States considers itself one of the founders of human rights in the modern age and the freest country in the world, it seeks to measure other nations by its own standards. However, according to many human rights reports about the United States, this country has one of the most tragic conditions in this regard.
The results published by reputable polling institutes and studies in 2019 show the deplorable situation of human rights violations in this country. In this report, we only mention such cases:
– The United States has the worst situation in the world in terms of the number of gun-related violence. In 2019, there were 415 major shootings in the country, more than one a day, during which 39052 people were killed, an average of one person every 15 minutes.
– Among Western countries, the gap between rich and poor in the United States is the worst. The Gini coefficient index in the United States increased to 485 thousandth in 2018, and as a result, the class gap has reached the highest record of the last 50 years. Only 10 percent of the richest American families own more than 75 percent of the wealth, while between 1989 and 2018, the annual increase in wealth of about 50 percent of the poor in American society was about zero percent.
– The United States is the only developed country in the world with a population of millions starving. Statistics released from the 2018 census show that the poor US population is 39.7 million. 500,000 Americans spend the night without shelter, and 65 million Americans skip treatment because of the high cost of medical treatment.
– Racist violence and crimes of hatred against racial minorities in the United States have also shocked the world. Most of the terrorist acts that took place in the United States in 2019 were related to the idea of white supremacy. This means reviving racist ideas of white supremacy. For example, the crime of shooting people at a Walmart store in Alpaso, Texas, by a white man that killed 22 people was motivated by hatred of Latin Americans.
– Beatings and shootings of African American minorities by American police are on the rise. On average, affluent African Americans are 5.9 times more likely to be police violent than whites. In this regard, the UN Special Rapporteur noted in his report that this kind of action is the result of thoughts left over from the era of slavery and racism towards blacks.
– The intolerable religious situation in American society is also increasing and much worse. According to a Pew poll, 82 percent of respondents believe that Muslims in the United States have always faced discrimination and intolerance. 64% believe that the same is true for Jews.
– Among developed and high-income countries, the United States is one of the most dangerous countries for women. Thus, among the richest countries in the world, 92% of murders of women with guns occur in the United States. American women are 21 times more likely to die at gunpoint than women in other rich countries, and an average of 52 women are killed every month in the United States by a friend or colleague.
– Child poverty has become a shocking problem in the United States, with more than 12 million children living in poverty, 3.5 million of whom are under the age of five. “In the richest country in the world, more than one-fifth of children still face the reality of poverty every day and always dream of getting their next meal and getting a good night’s sleep,” according to the American Child Protection Foundation.
– Elderly poverty is also getting worse in the United States. Among American seniors over the age of 60, 5.5 million of them, or an average of one in 12, do not get enough food.
– The US government’s treatment of immigrants is becoming more inhumane every day. Zero Tolerance has led to the separation of many children from their parents. As of July 2017, 5,400 children have been separated from their parents in refugee camps on the Mexican border. Since 2018, 24 immigrants, including seven children, have died in US border refugee camps.
– The United States is the most belligerent country in the history of the world, and since 2001 it has been incessantly waging war in various countries, spending more than $ 6.4 trillion, killing 800,000 people and displacing tens of millions.
These are just some of the facts that have been published by some relatively independent research institutes and polls in the United States. However, the view of American politicians and rulers towards the citizens of this country is still not based on the rights of all human beings, but on the rights of a minority who have power and wealth in this country.
Accordingly; Elections to power in the American oligarchy have become a hobby for this wealthy minority, with more than $ 5.7 billion spent by wealthy individuals in 2018 to support candidates in the run-up to the congressional and Senate elections. It marked the most expensive election in the history of the world. It is estimated that this trend will continue due to the complexity of the 2020 presidential election.