Two Palestinians were reportedly shot and killed by the Zionist Occupation Forces during clashes in al-Quds on Friday, sources told Ma’an, amid large-scale clashes in the city over new Israeli measures at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound.
The deaths comes amid a large-scale demonstration across East Al-Quds on Friday to denounce new Israeli security measures at the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound following a deadly attack last week.
Israeli forces have violently suppressed the protest in East Al-Quds, as well as other solidarity marches in the occupied West Bank and the besieged Gaza Strip, as the Palestinian Red Crescent told Ma’an that at least 113 Palestinians had been injured in East Jerusalem and the West Bank on Friday.
A Palestinian teenager was killed during clashes in the East Al-Quds neighborhood of Ras al-Amoud, medical sources told Ma’an, as witnesses said that the youth was shot by an Israeli settler. The youth was identified as 18-year-old Muhammad Mahmoud Sharaf from the neighborhood of Silwan. Witnesses said Sharaf was shot in the neck by an Israeli settler, and later succumbed to his wounds.
Very shortly after his death, mourners carried out Sharaf’s funeral, out of fear that Israeli authorities might confiscate his body, as participants chanted slogans about the teenager and Al-Aqsa. Another Palestinian succumbs to wounds in Al-Quds hospital.
Meanwhile, another Palestinian, identified by medical sources as Muhammad Abu Ghanam, succumbed to his wounds in al-Makassed hospital after being shot by Israeli occupation forces during clashes in the Al-Quds neighborhood of al-Tur.
Source: Al Manar