Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says his administration is pursuing the recent case of acid attacks on women with all its might, adding that the culprits will be harshly dealt with. The Iranian president said in a cabinet session on Sunday that the three ministers, tasked with following up the case, had delivered their report to the cabinet earlier in the day. Rouhani on Thursday tasked the ministries of the interior, intelligence, and justice with launching an investigation into the sensitive case after he was briefed about the attacks against young women in Isfahan.
President Rouhani also reassured the Iranian nation that his administration would leave no stone unturned in examining all aspects of the “inhumane” and “hideous” acts. “The issue was an inhumane event, incompatible with any principles, and is the most heinous act that an evil person can commit in the society,” the president added.