The Takfiri ISIL terrorist group has claimed responsibility for the recent bombing in the Yemeni capital, Sana’a, which reportedly killed 28 people.
The terrorist group claimed in an online statement that it was behind the deadly bomb attack that targeted the residence of two leaders of the Houthi Ansarullah movement in Sana’a on Monday night.
Security officials close to the Houthis said the car bomb went off behind a military hospital in Sana’a, and targeted Ansarullah leaders Faisal and Hamid Jayash during a gathering to mourn the death of a family member.
At least 28 people were killed by a car bomb in Yemen’s capital city of Sanaa late on Monday, AFP reported. The so-called Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the attack, which it said targeted a “Shiite nest” of Yemen’s “Houthi apostates.”
The attack by the barbarian militant group, which considers Shia Muslims as heretics, reportedly targeted Houthi leaders Faycal and Hamid Jayache, AFP reported. But there were no reports on whether the two Ansarullah leaders were among the casualties.
“It was an explosive placed inside a car … that had been parked here since about eight in the evening and no one paid attention to it,” an eyewitness, identified as Yehia Ali, told Reuters. “At approximately eleven thirty we heard a loud explosion, it was a truly powerful explosion. We came out to see what happened and the homes were severally damaged.”
ISIL claimed a June 20 car bombing against Qubat al-Mahdi Mosque in the Yemeni capital, which killed three people and wounded 16 others.
The terrorist attacks by ISIL come amid ongoing military strikes by Saudi Arabia, which are also meant to undermine the Ansarullah movement and restore power to fugitive former President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, an ally of Riyadh.