A senior leader of Ansarullah Movement underlined that the reshuffling in the Saudi cabinet is the result of Riyadh’s failure in reaching its desired goals in aggression against Yemen.
“The changes in the top posts of Saudi Arabia’s power structure and even changing the UN special envoy on Yemen have all been made due to the fact that the Saudi-US aggression against Yemen has failed,” Nasreddin Amer told on Thursday.
Yet, he warned that the consequences of the Saudi-led airstrikes against Yemen are still underway and continue.
In relevant remarks on Wednesday, senior member of Yemen’s Ansarullah Movement Mohammad Ali al-Emad underlined that the Saudi aggression against Yemen had widened the rifts in the Al Saud family, specially after the Saudi king’s cabinet reshuffling on Wednesday.
“The decisive storm has turned into the Al Saud storm and backfired at the Saudis themselves,” Al-Emad, also editor of the Yemeni newspaper al-Hawiya, said.
Al-Emad’s remarks came after Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz relieved his younger half-brother of his duties as crown prince and appointed his nephew, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Nayef, as the new heir apparent.
The reshuffle was announced by royal decree via state television early on Wednesday.
This is the first time that a grandson of the founder of the country (Ibn Saud), rather than a son, is appointed crown prince.
Mohamed bin Nayef, 55, the grandson of the founder of Saudi Arabia, was appointed as crown prince and also minister of interior.
Saudi Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal was also replaced by Saudi Ambassador to Washington Adel al-Jubair.
The changes signaled a major shift at the top of the ruling Al Saud family away from princes chosen by the late King Abdullah, who died in January, and towards those close to the new monarch.
On April 26, Talal bin Abdulaziz, brother of Saudi King Salman, warned of widening gaps in the Al Saud family, and underlined that his brother is incapable of ruling the Arab monarchy.
“Differences are emerging in the Saudi power circle and Prince Talal has warned of emerging gaps by saying that King Salman is incapable of administering the country,” a source close to Prince Talal told.
The Monarchy’s attacks have so far claimed the lives of at least 3,024 civilians, mostly women and children.
Meanwhile, according to a report by Yemen’s Freedom House Foundation, Saudi airstrikes have killed 3,512 Yemeni people, including 492 children and 209 women, since the beginning of the aggression until April 25.
The report added that 6,189 people were injured, including 978 children and 713 women, during the same period.
About 95,000 families have been displaced due to the Saudi-led airstrikes, according to the report.
The foundation further said 4,898 residential buildings have been either destroyed or damaged and some 857 civil service and public utility facilities have been destroyed.